Since my conversion to Mac OS X at home, I’ve been coming across and using some essential or must-have tools to get the most out of my Mac.
Here’s my list in no particular order:
- Firefox – Best browser by far!
- StuffIt Expander – Like WinRAR/WinZip in Windows.
- coconutBattery – Gives you definitive information about your battery.
- Cyberduck – Best FTP and SFTP client.
- ClamXav – Free virus checker for OS X (not that you really need it).
- Adium – The only instant messenger client you’ll ever need.
- Burn – Application that will take care of all your burning needs.
- Handbrake – Open-source DVD to MPEG-4 converter.
- MacJanitor – The janitor who will clean up your Mac regularly.
- Remote Desktop Connection – You’ll need this if you need to control Windows machines.
- Service Scrubber – An excellect service manager.
- Senuti – Will assist you in transferring your music from your iPod to your computer.
- Chicken of the VNC – Best VNC client for OS X.
That’s it! Hopefully, you find this list helpful, but more importantly, it will enhance your OS X experience exponentially.