I’m sure you’ve encountered one of these error messages, one way or another:
- Cannot delete file: Access is denied
- There has been a sharing violation.
- The source or destination file may be in use.
- The file is in use by another program or user.
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
If so, here’s an app I found, Unlocker, that will first unlock the files in use (if necessary), then allow you to either delete, move, rename, or not do anything with the file(s) or folder(s).
Note: I’ve tried it on XP without issues; not sure about Vista or Windows 7.
Hope this helps. Keep on computing!