I run my own mail server and use Squirrelmail to facilitate webmail access using HTTPS. I encountered problems trying to delete a folder that I created as part of a test to find out if things were working correctly:
ERROR : Could not delete “Archive”
Given: Invalid mailbox name
SquirrelMail is a Webmail application started by Nathan and Luke Ehresman and written in the PHP scripting language. It can be installed on almost all web servers so long as PHP is present and the web server has access to an IMAP and SMTP server
After some digging around, I found that after modifying a setting via ./conf.pl I was able to delete the folder. If you’re experiencing the same thing, do the following:
1. Open a terminal window.
2. Navigate to Squirrelmail’s root dir, which in my case is /usr/share/squirrelmail.
3. Navigate to the config/ folder then type: ./conf.pl.
4. Select option 3 then 1 and enter none.
5. Save your changes and exit.
It may not work on all situations, and some have said that in version 1.4.0, you may need to set/pick your IMAP server (I use Dovecot), like so:
1. Open terminal window (again).
2. Navigate to the config/ folder then type: ./conf.pl.
3. From the menu options, select D, then save and exit.
If you still have problems after performing these steps, modify your php.ini config file to report more verbosely by changing the following lines:
display_errors = on
error_reporting = E_ALL
After saving the modifications you just made, restart your web server via (I run FC6 so) service httpd restart, then watch your Apache error_log for more info.
That’s it. Hopefully, this helps you from having to do the legwork. Take care. =0)