If you want less movements to go back/forward, open/close tabs, and open links with your browser, you’ll need to get this Firefox plugin called Mouse Gestures to do so. Personally, it’s already cut wasted time at work.
Here are the commons gestures I use:
- Closes tab or window: write L
- Back to previous page: write right to left
- Forward to next page: write left to right
- Open link in new tab: write upwards crossing the link to open
- Open link in new window: write downwards crossing the link to open
What I mean by “writing” is holding down the left mouse button while performing the action.
If you need a visual, you can go here. Hope this helps.