This is here for my own reference, but may help others. I’m a software craftsman on a Mac, and I use Homebrew whenever possible. So, the info here relates to that.
Prerequisite: Java must be installed (i.e. brew cask install java).
- Install Scala via Homebrew: brew install scala
- Optionally: Install Scala plugin in IntelliJ
- Download from https://gatling.io/download/
- Extract and place the folder in /usr/local/Cellar/gatling/gatling-charts-highcharts-bundle-2.3.1
- Navigate to gatling folder
- Set the directory settings in /conf/gatling.conf
- Create a test.scala file in /user-files/simulations
- Go to the terminal and run /usr/local/Cellar/gatling/gatling-charts-highcharts-bundle-2.3.1/bin/gatling.sh
- To run from IntelliJ via Maven:
gatling:execute -Dgatling.simulationClass=TestSimulation -f pom.xml