Since moving to OS X in 2011/2012 for work to do all my development, I’ve moved Homebrew to a must-have. Adding it here for archiving purposes.
From a terminal:
1. /usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
2. brew tap caskroom/cask
The 2nd point is to install Homebrew Cask as well, which extends Homebrew’s functionality.
Now get brewing!
I purchased a new 4 TB external hard drive and backed up about 1 TB from an older 2 TB external. I wanted to preserve the dates and permissions, so rsync was perfect. Adding the command I used, so I can look it up next time.
rsync -ravh <source> <target>
In case you installed a misbehaving app via Cydia, manually removed it using iFile or Filza, but can’t seem to remove it from the “Installed” list/section, here’s what you can do:
1. Using your preferred file manager — in my case, Filza — navigate to “/var/lib/dpkg/status”
2. View the app with “Text Editor”
3. Click anywhere inside the text, and click on “Edit” on the top-right
4. Search for “My3G” and delete the whole section (i.e. com.sull…)
5. Save and reboot your phone (not really needed, but it “feels” cleaner)
That’s it! Enjoy your jailbroken phone once again.
In case you’re into jailbreaking your iOS device(s) and like doing things via SSH, you’ll want to install APT 6.0 Transitional in order to have apt-get for package management. Simply install it via Cydia!
Add in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cydia.list:
deb http://apt.saurik.com/ ios/847.27 main
deb http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com/ ./
deb http://cydia.myrepospace.com/ilexinfo/ ./
deb http://cydia.zodttd.com/repo/cydia/ stable main
deb http://apt.xmodgames.com/ ./
deb http://repo.biteyourapple.net/ ./
deb http://repo.hackyouriphone.org/ ./
deb http://cydia.xsellize.com/ ./
deb http://sinfuliphonerepo.com/ ./
deb http://repo.insanelyi.com/ ./
deb http://apt.modmyi.com/ stable main
deb http://apt.pwncenter.com/ ./
deb http://apt.thebigboss.org/repofiles/cydia/ stable main
Ref for .debs: http://apt.saurik.com/debs/